Thursday, March 02, 2006

When did Religious Studies morphe into Irreligious Studies? I am studying at a CA state run university, and I have heard as much teaching which denigrates Christianity as supports it. I guess I really was out of the loop in my comfy little church-world, where everybody believes in the Bible.

The class atmosphere is interesting, and sometimes I even get to comment at a little length. I look forward to completing the degree (Religious Studies), and I hope to ultimately land a teaching post at the university. In the meantime, I wonder, do I uphold what I believe, or do I give the teacher what he wants?

What would you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up brother pastor?

I've enjoyed your comments at Rod Garvin, but I don't know why you or I bother with people who don't have a grasp of the basics. Anyway, on the religous studies...if you sell out now, then you will have to continue to sell out. Of course, we all have to make own decisions. Yet, from my experience it only gets worse. One day, you will have to stand up.


Peace to you and your beautiful family